Firmware Update: Core v2.02.13, Driver v4.9 – please click here and follow these steps:
- Go to download page under Service tab. Download and unzip firmware update
- Place firmware update file in root directory of a USB flash drive
- Mount USB 2.0 flash drive to USB port on Orion 300 FS ballast (next to power button)
- Press MENU button
- Select “System Settings” “Firmware Update”
- Follow prompts to load firmware
- Orion 300 FS will automatically reboot upon completion
- Do not remove USB flash drive until firmware update is complete.
- Only use a USB 2.0 drive (black connector), not a USB 3.0 type (blue connector).
- This update is for the Orion 300 FS only.
Features of Firmware Update:
- ADDED New CIE X/Y mode, set colours using X/Y coordinates in CIE1931 colorspace
- ADDED Power-up calibration can be switched off in menu
- UPDATED DMX protocols to include CIE X/Y mode
- UPDATED Orion now remembers prior setting of IP address and subnet
- UPDATED ArtNet application full IP setting enabled
- FIXED DMX mode 3 bug creating continuous power cycling
- FIXED Improved user interface and other minor bugs
- The free ChromaLink App has also been updated with:
- ADDED X/Y mode control interface
- IMPROVED Color Picker mode supports real-time sampling
- IMPROVED Recording mode adds white balance & tint adjustment (IOS devices)
- IMPROVED Colour & Brightness accuracy in Color Picker & Recording modes
Film-grade colour spot light
Orion 300 is equipped with a powerful software ecosystem, integrating thousands of film-grade lighting scenarios. Orion 300 supports various control protocols including lighting desk, phone applications and on-board control. The open optical design guaranteed its compatibility with a wide range of third-party optical accessories. Now you are free to colour, free to shape and free to create.
Orion 6D light engine
Prolycht Orion 300 is equipped with the latest 6D colour-mixing technology. The light engine consists of Red, Green, Blue, Amble, Cyan and Lime high power colour LEDs. It abandoned the traditional white+colour mixing solutions – not a single white LED can be found in this new light engine. All to achieve extreme colour purity and ultra high colour quality. The maximum TLCI and CRI rating of Orion 300 is both 98.
Every Orion 300 is strictly calibrated to ensure extreme colour consistency. The average colour shift of Orion 300 is less than 2 SDCM, close to the sensing limits of most cameras.
Refresh your skin tone
The six-dimensional light engine enabled Orion 300’s unprecedented flexibility in spectra constricting. The spectra of Orion 300 have been optimised to balance among fidelity, freshness and softness. All to acieve the perfect skin tone representation.
While Orion 300 integrated thousands of functionalities in one compact unit, an enjoyable control experience is always Prolycht’s priority. Each Orion 300 is equipped with a full-colour LCD screen. No matter you are a lighting profession or a beginner, pick your light from the intuitive user interface and your Orion is ready to shine.
Group multiple fixtures
Support BLE and wifi
Third-party fixtures can be grouped and controlled by ChromaLink
Various colour modes
CCT, Individual colours, Colour wheel, Gel, Source matching. Dynamical effects.
Orion 300 is equipped with standard Bowens optical interface, allowing for various changeable optics. By using Prolycht or any 3rd party’s optical accessories, you have the full freedom to shape the light the way you want.