Store. Dock. Streamline.
Whether you’re a seasoned creative pro or just getting started, the LaCie 2big family has something for everyone: a docking solution with an array of helpful ports and card slots; hardware RAID 0/1 for controlling speed, capacity, or data redundancy; huge capacity for archiving; smooth USB-C and Thunderbolt 4 speeds; Rescue Data Recovery services for long-term peace of mind; and enterprise-class drives dishing out intense performance so you can do what you do — better.
Great innovation is often
Great innovation is often born from great challenges. So, when modern USB-C laptops eliminated many of the ports and slots crucial to the creative process, we went straight to the drawing board. The result is 2big Dock — a Thunderbolt solution that features modern media card slots for ultra-streamlined workflows.
USB 3.2 Gen2 Hub
Via the front-facing hub, charge your phone or connect a shuttle drive or camera to offload footage and files.
Dual Thunderbolt Ports
Daisy chain up to five additional Thunderbolt devices or one USB-C device.
CFexpress Type B, CFast 2.0, and SD Card Slots
Directly ingest files from your camera, drone and other devices with the front-facing advanced memory card slots.
Connect an 8K (30 Hz) or 4K (120 Hz) monitor via the DisplayPort.
Thunderbolt 2 Ready.
Using an older-gen Thunderbolt 2 Mac computer? You can still tap into the intense speeds of 2big Dock by using the Apple Thunderbolt (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter.*
*The Mac must be running macOS Sierra 10.12 or later and transfer rates are based upon the speed of the connection, up to 20 Gb/s for Thunderbolt 2. For details and potential restrictions, see Apple Support Adapter sold separately.
2big RAID Solutions: Built for Solid Workflows
Hardware RAID. Simplified
Whether you’re new to 2-bay hardware RAID or a seasoned pro, LaCie RAID Manager makes it easy to configure any 2big for speed, capacity, or data redundancy. It even helps you monitor the system’s health via email notifications.
RAID 0 For PERFORMANCE
Drives are striped together and function like one large drive, enabling max speed and capacity.
RAID 1 For REDUNDANCY
Drives mirror each other, meaning data is always the same on both drives. If one fails, the other has your back.
JBOD For FLEXIBILITY
-Just a Bunch of Disks-
Drives function independently, offering two separate drives in one enclosure.
Fierce Internal Hard Drives.
IronWolf Pro enterprise-class drives live inside our latest-gen 2big solutions — and they’re the secret ingredient to sprinting past goals and deadlines. Supporting up to 300 TB/year workloads, they’re specifically designed for RAID and high-speed 7,200 RPM performance, delivering smooth power management, massive capacity, and 24×7 reliability. And for ultimate peace of mind, they’re covered by a 5-year warranty.
- Store over 1,000 hrs Of 4K footage *1
- Store over 300K Raw images *2
- In 1 minute, transfer 1hr of 4K footage *3
Works with iPad USB-C
Bring extra storage to your Apple iPad USB-C. Simply connect your LaCie drive to iPad’s USB-C port and enjoy increased capacity. Plus, when connecting with the 2big Dock, it will power your iPad USB-C and you get all the benefits of its docking station — USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type A port, CFexpress Type B card reader, CFast 2.0 card reader, SD card reader, and even connect your monitors. *7
We’ve Got Your Back
When the unexpected happens — like water damage or natural disaster — Rescue Services help you defend against data loss and retrieval costs, so you can rest easier. *4
Edit with Creative Cloud
Turn RAW footage into flawless production with one-month complimentary membership to Adobe Creative Cloud All Apps plan. *5,6
- *1 On average, 1 hour of 4K 30fps compressed footage creates 30 GB of data. Storage rates vary depending on capacity.
- *2 Based on the average RAW image size of 100 MB on a hybrid or DSLR camera. Storage rates vary depending on capacity.
- *3 Actual data rates may vary depending on operating environment and other factors, such as RAID mode, RAID configuration, chosen interface, and drive capacity. Refer to the specs page for more information.
- *4 Eligible for one (1) In-Lab Data Recovery attempt during the term of coverage. For more information, visit https://www.lacie.com/products/services/rescue-data-recovery-services.
- *6 For any LaCie product purchased on or after April 1, 2018, and did not contain the Adobe activation code flyer in the box, please contact Customer Support at https://support2.lacie.com with valid proof of purchase for your code.
- *7 Minimum System Requirements: iPad OS 14 or later, iPad must have a USB-C port.