SAME AMAZING IMAGE, ENCHANCED ON-SET EXPERIENCE
V-RAPTOR XL 8K S35 expands upon the most powerful and advanced RED camera platform ever. Using RED’s newest 8K S35 sensor, V-RAPTOR XL leverages the convenience and lens selection of the Super35mm format, with the benefits and flexibility of 8K acquisition, all inside of a large-scale-production ready XL camera body.
V-RAPTOR XL is designed to support high-end television, natural history, broadcast, and motion picture productions as well as any filmmaker who requires an all-in-one solution.
TOOLS OF THE TRADE
V-RAPTOR XL is a dual voltage camera system, supporting both low voltage 14V batteries as well as high voltage batteries in both V-Lock and Gold Mount options. V-RAPTOR XL features the most flexible power ecosystem available in the market today.
- 12V and 24V auxiliary power outputs support the camera assistants, allowing them to power all the peripherals needed to do their job well, from one centralized place.
- Front facing 3G-SDI and 2-Pin 12V power, as well as compatibility with the DSMC3 RED Touch 7.0” LCD, supports any camera operators viewing preference.
- Wireless timecode, genlock, and camera control, as well as four SDI outputs support the DIT or camera shader, giving them access to everything they need at their cart or truck.
- Built-in electronic ND allows cinematographers or camera shaders to precisely select their density in up to 1/4 stop increments, providing never before seen exposure and depth of field control inside a cinema camera of this level.
Additionally, the V-RAPTOR/V-RAPTOR XL and the DSMC3 platform features advanced connectivity solutions which enable applications such as RED Connect for 8K R3D cinematic live streaming and remote record, remote control and monitoring, in-camera Frame.io integration, AWS direct upload, and more.
V-RAPTOR 8K S35 SENSOR INSIDE
Featuring the same 8K S35 sensor found inside the V-RAPTOR 8K S35, this format is ideal for any project where both Super35mm lensing and 8K acquisition is required. Leverage lightweight zooms or vintage primes while still capturing at 8K 120P for stunning high resolution slow motion. In addition, the V-RAPTOR sensor scan time is 2x faster than any previous RED camera and it allows users to capture up to 600 fps at 2K. V-RAPTOR XL will also continue to feature RED’s proprietary REDCODE RAW codec, allowing users to capture 16-bit RAW, and leverage RED’s latest IPP2 workflow and color management.
- Available with the multi-format 8K W + 6K S35 sensor or all-new 8K S35.
- All-in-one body measuring 8.5″ x 6.5″ x 6″ and weighing 8lbs with PL Mount
- Electronic ND system for precise exposure control down to ¼ stop increments
- Interchangeable lens mount
- Compatibility with either 26 V-Lock or Gold Mount batteries with an array of high-performance 12V and 24V outputs
- Includes a built in Ambient Lockit module capable of wirelessly syncing Timecode and Genlock