Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-T Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price
In recent years content creation and output have quickly moved from HD to 4K and beyond, making 10Gb Ethernet the new data transfer standard for post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth intensive workflows. Very affordable 10Gb Ethernet Switches with RJ45 (copper) have significantly reduced the cost of setting up a 10GbE infrastructure, resulting in very rapid adoption. Even the new iMac Pro™ includes 10Gb Ethernet as its standard network interface. Now, for computers with a Thunderbolt™ 3 port, there is an equally affordable Thunderbolt to 10Gb Ethernet adapter—Sonnet’s Solo 10G™ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GBASE-T 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac or Windows computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
10x the Performance of Gigabit Ethernet
The Solo 10G adapter is equipped with a single RJ45 socket, enabling it to connect to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT 6 or CAT 6A copper cabling at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively.
Faster Transfers Across Existing Cabling with NBASE-T Support
Does your facility have CAT 5e wiring installed already? You can still get a great performance gain—from 250 to 500 percent over Gigabit Ethernet speed—without rewiring! The Solo 10G adapter also supports the NBASE-T™ industry-standard of 2.5G/5G link speeds, which enables greater than Gigabit Ethernet speeds over CAT 5e cabling when used with an NBASE-T compatible switch or router. This capability allows you to deploy the same adapter across an organization for users supported by different Ethernet cabling infrastructures.
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operation
The Solo 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adapter’s power demands on your computer.
Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) support makes the adapter perfect for use in pro audio and video applications where synchronization of data streams is critical.
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo 10G adapter’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized reseller.
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Sonnet Solo 10G was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo 10G adapter firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
Pocketable, Bus-Powered, and Silent
Unlike the vast majority of 10GbE adapters, the Solo 10G is pocketable—measuring a mere 3.1 inches wide by 4.5 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adapter. Due to the use of the latest technologies wrapped in a rugged aluminium case, Sonnet designed a cool-running adapter that doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
How simple? Connect the Solo 10G adapter to your computer, connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
- Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Switch/router must support AVB to support this feature.
- 10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, or 10GBASE-T SFP+ transceiver(s) required, sold separately.
- 2.5G/5G speeds are supported when used with NBASE-T compatible switches.
- Products with NBASE-T support 5Gb/s and lower speeds over CAT 5e and better cables.
- All products listed here are macOS High Sierra compatible. Sonnet recommends macOS 10.13.4+ when connecting via SMB protocol.
- Adds 10GBASE-T 10GbE Connectivity—Adds an RJ45 10 Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Cost-Effective—Low-cost adapter connects to 10GbE infrastructure via inexpensive CAT 6 or CAT 6A cables at distances up to 55 or 100 meters, respectively
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface—Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
- Supports NBASE-T Standard—5 Gb/s and 2.5 Gb/s speeds supported over inexpensive CAT 5e, or better, cabling at distances up to 100 meters
- Advanced Features—Audio Video Bridging (IEEE 802.1Qav, AVB) and Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) supported
- Easy Setup—Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Small and Silent—Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient—Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo 10G requires no power adapter
- Rugged Construction—Aluminium enclosure withstands heavy use
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.Switch/router must support AVB to support this feature.10GBASE-SR, 10GBASE-LR, or 10GBASE-T SFP+ transceiver(s) required, sold separately.2.5G/5G speeds are supported when used with NBASE-T compatible switches.Products with NBASE-T support 5Gb/s and lower speeds over CAT 5e and better cables.All products listed here are macOS High Sierra compatible. Sonnet recommends macOS 10.13.4+ when connecting via SMB protocol.